Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Massive Cover Up!

We used to walk past the store that was here before this sometimes, and Jessina and I would wonder what the hell happened inside. I can't remember what the place was called or if it even had a name, I just remember it looking like a place where assassins picked up scented oils and incense between hits. There were always four or five guys sitting around inside of various ages doing something mysterious. In fact it reminded me a lot of the way a friend described the WU store on Staten Island except the dudes weren't the Wu-Tang clan, so it wasn't really worth going inside and being scared by them.

The place got shut down a while ago and had those big bright stickers pasted all over it by the city. Shut down for illegal gaming, I think, is what they said. Then this aptly-named boutique opened up in its place like four days later. Suck on that pigs.

Now the mysterious dudes hang out in a back room I think, so it's totally cool to go in. They've got some pretty sweet stuff in there too, and the prices are reasonable. Lila and I have bought Jess a few rad items there including an amazing red and gray ankle length spaghetti strap number that's all tuned up for spring ($25 on sale!) But I'm not getting Jess anything from the Cover Up again, because she keeps making fun of my feet.

The Cover Up 158 between Amsterdam and St. Nick. Check it out.

3 comments: