Friday, March 6, 2009

Welcome Stranger.


Hi. I'm Jason Norvein Wachtelhausen, and as you can probably tell from the picture, you can trust me without fear of being taken advantage of.

I want to welcome you to Wachtelhausen Brothers Food and Culture, a blog I started this morning to get to the bottom of this whole food and culture thing that seems to be jumping off up in here.

I'm calling the blog Wachtelhausen Brothers because I intend to force my brother to write some posts from Vermont. We'll have to figure out some way to get the internet up there, but we can do that. And then maybe he'll write one about maple syrup or one about sugar on snow. Who knows. Who cares.

Now, this post is really just supposed to be an introduction, but I'd feel like I was ripping you off if I didn't touch on at least one food type thing, so let's get pretzels out of the way right now -- both plush and soft and slathered in mustard and the ones they have in bowls at some bars.

I don't care for them.

Thanks for stopping by,

JNW

3 comments:

  1. In the past, I've been let down by so many celebrity chefs. This writer has huge star quality -- and I trust him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More comments to come, but I must say right off, we are going to get along great because I have never understood the reason for pretzels. Feeding birds? Teething babies? Is this really food?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this food blog.

    ReplyDelete