Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Another Reason You Probably Shouldn't Murder that Dude

A very good friend of mine recently got out of prison in D.C. I hadn't seen the guy for a few years and we shared a great brunch at Coral on Broadway and 158th. Not a bad place, but the only thing they really have of note is the nachos. Seriously. Not only do they they take the same amount of pride in these that people used to in the eighties, but apparently they use the same recipe.

This time-machine to an era of high-carb decadence can be had for about eight bucks and pairs equally well with either depression or elation.

While we ate, I picked my friends brain about his time in the joint, especially about the food. I guess in all my fantasies about going to jail the food is awesome like hospital food. I love hospital food and have even gone into hospital's just to eat many times in my life. I guess the food is crap though. Also he said they only give you the smallest legal portions, so if you want anything more or better you have to buy it, but you have to be careful because regardless of how much cash you have, you can only spend a certain amount per week, and you don't want to run out all your allowance on Snickers bars and then realize you don't have toothpaste later in the week and not be allowed to buy it.

Makes sense.

He also said if chicken is on the menu three times or more a week that means stay away from it. For real!

The more questions I asked the deader his eyes got, so I figured I better lay off for a bit. I mean, the guys one of my best friends, but after someone has been inside who knows who their next victim will be, right?

Jail food! Don't check it out!

1 comment:

  1. I've been reading your blog for a minute now. They have all been interesting, but this was the first one that made me say, "whoa". The only pre-measured meals I want are Swanson TV dinners....d'oh!

    Good to see you the other day!

    ReplyDelete