Saturday, March 7, 2009

Brothers Fish Market Inc.

Borther (Their sign says Brothers but their cards and menus say only Brother) Fish Market Inc. is the funnest, realest fish market in the ten or so block area around my building, and also straight squeezes my taste buds in places that don't get squeezed up on all that often.

This place is so sweet that we once watched two Mets fans who both looked young, lean and hungry at around seventy-eight slug it out over a Mets game that the Mets were winning. The old dudes circled each other, slapping at the air like drunks in a silent movie, and then both fell down, and I think a chair got busted so Kevin said no more Mets games for the rest of the year, but I bet they'll be back this season and if those two fighting old dudes are still alive I bet they'll be back too. God I hope so.


Kevin rocks a smile for our camera

But wait there's more. Cheap Coronas and five dollar tubs of caviar and salmon roe are the perfect sidekicks for one of Washington Heights' most unique pastelitos. Kevin makes a suprisingly light lobster pastelito that's pretty tough to forget. I've probably eaten a couple hundred of these in the last few years and every single one has been dead solid perfect, even better than that I Want it All song from HSM3 (Think bigger... That's better.) The hot sauce they have there makes my ears ring too. It's kind of like they took that regular red chinese hot sauce and extended the tar out of it with a bunch of cheap white vinegar. So super hardcore good.

The pastelitos are dos bucks cada pop. That's $2.00 for something that I think is one of the most satisfying and unique culinary experiences to be had in money-making-Manhattan.

PS I guess his brother has a shop with the same name on 190 and St. Nick.

BROTHER FISH MARKET INC.
345 Broadway between 160 and 161

Check it out. For real.

No comments:

Post a Comment